To ensure that your servers are aware of one another, create Sametime connection documents in both directions (i.e. Server A -> Server B and Server B -> Server A) using the Domino administrator client.
To check whether your Lotus Sametime servers can see other members of the community:
- Open a Web browser, go to the Sametime Web Administration Utility (http://yourserver/stcentre.nsf and choose the "Administer the server" link).
- Expand the "Configuration" heading and then choose the "Connectivity" option.
- When the "Configuration - Connectivity" page opens, click the "servers in the Community" tab.
- If you see both Server A and Server B under the "Meeting Servers that are connected" section, your servers should be able to communicate with one another.
To create the Lotus Sametime connections:
- Start your Domino administrator client.
- Go to the Configurations Tab.
- Expand the server's Twistie and choose Connections.
- On the Action Bar, choose "Add Connection," make the connection type "SameTime," complete the Source (Server A) and Destination (Server B) server fields, and add an optional network address for the destination server.
- Now add another connection document going in the other direction.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchDomino.com:
This was first published in April 2007