I am trying to track down the root cause of HTML not displaying correctly in inbound memos. We are running Domino 6.5 with 6.5 clients. Some of my users also receive a username/password prompt when receiving external e-mail. Is there a way to disable that as well? Thanks.
The improper display of HTML mail is caused by the conversion of a MIME message to Notes Rich Text and is due to one of five things.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- The mail file and mail.box must both be at least R5 ODS.
- In the person document for the user the format preference for incoming mail must be anything other than "Prefers Notes Rich Text."
- If there is still an SMTP MTA (R4) in place, the message will be converted.
- Older anti-virus software will convert the messages.
- A LotusScript pre-delivery agent that modifies the body of a mail message without using session.convertmime = false prior to modifying the body field.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes Domino Mailbox Management
Related Q&A from Debbie Lynd
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.