There are two ways to repair this:
- Upgrade the folders in the users mail file using the "Upgrade folder design" Action, and/or
- Replace the users mail database design on the server.
- Open the users mail database.
- Select any folder that the user has created (this is where you will most likely see the error again).
- From the [Actions] menu, choose [Upgrade Folder Design].
- When the prompt appears, choose the "Manual Upgrade" button.
- From the "Upgrade folders" dialog box, choose the [Select All] button.
- Ensure that the "Inbox" is selected under the "Please choose a design..."
- Click OK.
- When asked to upgrade any more folders, choose [NO].
To replace the design of the user's mail database on the server, type the following at the server's command prompt.
load convert -r mail\youruser.nsf * mail6.ntfWhich will run the conversion utility on the mail database:
- with the filename, and in the path "mail\youruser.nsf"
- replacing all of the design elements in the database "*"
- with the standard Notes 6 mail template "mail6.ntf."
This was first published in June 2005