Cregg Hardwick is Collaboration Solutions Technical Lead for CenterPoint Energy in Houston.
He has an MBA from Centenary College, holds a PCLP and an MCAD and has been a Notes developer since 1998. Cregg was one of the principal architects of the Lotus Notes Solutions Center at Centerpoint Energy, a cross-functional "competency center" that has helped professional IT developers work with contractors and "power users" within the business to develop and support collaboration and business process support applications across the enterprise. He wrote the development standards for Lotus Notes applications at Centerpoint, and is currently working on a major project to convert Lotus Notes applications to Sharepoint and .Net.
Before joining Centerpoint, Cregg was an Assistant Editor at SoftDisk publishing, where he developed and adapted all sorts of articles and software for two monthly publications, "On-Disk Monthly" and "PC Business Disk". At SoftDisk, Cregg shared an office with John Carmack, John Romaro, and the rest of the team that later formed "id Software" and gave the world "Doom" and "Quake". Cregg originally learned to program while working on a robotic control system for the high-school science fair, using 8080 assembly language written and debugged on graph paper. His interest in programming was sparked when he learned about the team at NASA's Jet Propulsion Lab that reprogrammed the Voyager II spacecraft to use data compression after its primary antenna failed. He has always been focused on using computers to complement human capacities and avoid predictable human mistakes, hence his continuing focus of business collaboration software.
Cregg and his wife Kristina have two young daughters and enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, canoeing and SCUBA diving. Cregg holds a yellow belt in Kuk Sool Won martial arts and is the proud owner of a Roomba robotic vacuum cleaner (which he won from SearchDomino).
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Cregg Hardwick
- Can you use LotusScript to read a text file attached to a Notes doc?
- Customize the principal field of outgoing email messages
- Can I use LotusScript to merge cells in a Microsoft Word table?
- Modifying LotusScript code for date and time handling
- Use DXL utilities for advanced replication settings in Notes
- Use LotusScript to create encrypted replicas
- Write a LotusScript agent to automate file attachments
- Troubleshooting a scheduled agent not running on a Global Notes Architecture (GNA) server
- Setting up local replication of a Lotus Notes database for offline employees
- Creating a link on an HTML page to a Microsoft Word attachment in a Lotus Notes database
- LotusScript to extract and move attachments to a Lotus Notes mailbox or file folder
- Copying a rich-text field with attachments to a Lotus Notes document
- How to convert Lotus Notes documents to .PDF files
- Can I stop Lotus Domino Server from transforming embedded images into attachments?
- Determining the access level of a Lotus Notes user using Formula language
- How to parse the user activity of a Lotus Notes database
- Can I stamp the "From" field with a LotusScript encryption agent without affecting the sender name?
- How to modify a Lotus Notes signature file using LotusScript
- Creating a rich-text field in Lotus Domino that only accepts doclinks
- Writing special ASCII characters in LotusScript