In this on-demand webcast, "IT governance in an IBM Lotus software environment," Lotus Notes/Domino compliance and governance expert, Chris Byrne offers guidance on how IT governance relates to your IBM Lotus Notes Domino environment.
In addition, this webcast covers:
- The concepts behind and definitions of governance, risk management and compliance.
- The elements of governance -- from corporate-level governance and IS/IT governance through personal governance.
- How to distinguish myth from reality. Including re-establishing old policies, differentiating between different laws in different countries and more.
- Why you should build control frameworks for IT governance to support clean business objectives, including COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and related Technology), which was developed as a generally applicable and accepted standard for good IT security and control practices, and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
- Gaining an understanding of the unique governance for various IBM Lotus Notes products, such as Lotus Notes, Domino, Lotus Sametime and Lotus Quickr. Objectives discussed include setting up acceptable use policies for each product, email retention policies, IM retention policies, records retention policies and more.
- Why applying IT governance concepts and frameworks to an IBM Lotus Notes Domino software environment is beneficial to you and your organization.
View the webcast"IT governance in an IBM Lotus software environment" now.
If you could like the slides to this webcast, email us at email@example.com.
This was first published in July 2008