Are you sick of waiting for Notes to respond ? Use two Notes clients on
your workstation !
You maybe know that you can install two different Notes versions (for
example R4 and R5) on your windows workstation. Just by keeping the
Notes.ini files separate by creating a short cut like :
c:\notes\notes.exe =c:\path\notesr4.ini and a short cut like
You can take this technic a step further to run two Notes applications of
1 installation simultaneously by using the NLNOTES.exe file in your notes
1. Create a new data directory (example: c:\notes\data2) with a copy of
your user.id and names.nsf
2. Create two separate Notes.ini files (notes.ini and notes2.ini)
3. Specify in the notes2.ini your second data directory
4. Adjust you existing Notes shortcut like c:\notes\notes.exe
5. Now the trivial part: Create a shortcut like c:\notes\nlnotes.exe
Start the first short cut, minimize the window and click the second short
cut. You now run two Notes applications simultaneously !
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.