To have your server SSL enabled do the following steps.
Two databases are needed,Certifying Authority,Server Certificate
1. Create a database from the template certca50.ntf (Certifying Authority)name
it as certca.nsf
2. Create another Database from certsrv50.ntf(By default this will be available
when u install Domino Server)name it as certsrv.nsf
3. Open certca.nsf to create a certificate authority keyring and fillup the
necessary details provided in the form.
i) Key Ring Filename
ii) Keyring password and verify
iii) Key Size(1024 or 512).Use of 1024 will be supported either for the
third party certifier or North American Version of R5
iv) Fillup the Distinguished Name details
4. Certificate Authority Profile
i) enter the correct path of the CAkey.kyr file(key ring file, once u create
a keyring file, the safe copy of it will be created as CAKey.sth)
ii) Specify the server DNS Name
iii) ENable SSL certificate Transactions
iv) enter the certificate port number (80)
v) Mail confirmation of signed certificate to requester is left blank
because the certifier is a self certifier.
vi) Enable submit signed certificates to AdminP
vii) Specify the validity period.
Save and close the certificate Authority Profile
5. Create CA Server Key Ring
FOllow the hints given in the form and fillup accordingly.
6. Open the certsrv.nsf and proceed from Create Certificate Requests(Create Key
Ring can be ignored as it is creates in the last step of certca.nsf)
i) SPecify the keyring file name
ii) Inorder to have future reference of the certificate requests log the
iii) Since there is no third party CA select Paste into form on CA's Site in
7. Open the certca.nsf and goto server certificate Requests and approve the
certificate submitted from certsrv.nsf in the previous step.
8. once after the previous step is completed,open the certsrv.nsf from your web
browser and Accept the Authority on your Server.
8. Once u complete the above step then pickup the ID provided and specify when
it is being asked.
9.Then enable SSL in the Ports-Internet Ports of the Current Server Document
from the Domino Administrator.
10. Set the TCP/IP port status to REdirect to SSL and this site is being
11. Once you Accept the site certificate then download a CAout.crt file and
install it in your Browser.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.