MailRule documents often disappear from the Tools->Rules view. This can happen after upgrading MailFiles from one Lotus Notes Domino release to a newer version or while replacing the structure of a MailFile. This tip shows -- step-by-step -- how to make MailRule documents visible again.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
- Go to the Lotus Notes Welcome page (Bookmark.nsf).
- Press Ctrl/Shift and click on Mail to open your MailFile and all hidden views.
- In the mail menu, go to View -> Search this view.
- In the Search for field, enter the following query:
Field Form = "mailrule"
- Click Search.
- Double-click on each document to open them.
- Double-click on any opened document to place it in "Edit" mode.
- Press Esc to close the document.
- Click Accept to save the document.
Open one of the view's names, for example: ($VIMxxx).
All MailRule documents that had disappeared should reappear.
All missing MailFile documents should appear in your Tools ->Rules view.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Charles Tanabal. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes, Domino, Workplace or WebSphere tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.