Creating bookmarks on your R5 Server Admin Client
Since Lotus recommends that we don't have Clients on the R5 Servers, most do not install the full-blown client. Instead, we use the command to call up "nlnotes.exe" or "nlnotes adminonly/.? The problem is that the Server ID running the client doesn't allow for the building of the default bookmarks/folders, including the R4 Workspace, to be created on a newer R5 Server. If you're used to this workspace, you can't live without it.
To get around this and build a set of bookmarks including a workspace:
1) Open the nlnotes.exe client on the server using the Server.id.
2) Switch to another ID file such as your own which you may have with you on a floppy.
3) Close the nlnotes client.
4) Delete the bookmark.nsf file.
5) Relaunch nlnotes.exe (remember it's using your ID file now).
6) Default bookmarks are created.
7) Switch back to the server id file.
This was first published in June 2001
Our Tips Exchange is a forum for you to share technical advice and expertise with your peers and to learn from other enterprise IT professionals. TechTarget provides the infrastructure to facilitate this sharing of information. However, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or validity of the material submitted. You agree that your use of the Ask The Expert services and your reliance on any questions, answers, information or other materials received through this Web site is at your own risk.