How to always display live Web-enabled Domino data in your Excel spreadsheet. No Script is required although it...
is implied in Example 1) below to demonstrate this tip.
This is ideal for setting up charts and graphs, that will pick up live data from your secure Web-enabled Domino database.
1) Create a form/view that displays the data you need in a table.
Note: Must be in a table, this is how Excel recognizes the data.
Create a form that is populated by WebQueryOpen, calculating figures from other data in the database and displying it in a table.
Create a view that displays all the data you wish to export. Set it to display as HTML.
2) Open Excel
3) Use Menu Options, DATA -> Get External Data -> New Web Query
4) Fill in the URL of the data you want to export (Note: if you browse to the page, it will automatically pull in the URL for you)
5) Click OK.
This will now import your data, and from here, graphs, charts, etc. can be created.
6) Right click on the data once it has been imported.
7) Select Data Range properties. In here you can select to re-import this data every time the file is opened. I was prompted to logon each time the Excel file tried to open a secure page, but I make no personal guarantees for this.
8) Save all the reports, charts, graphs and formatting you require, because the next time you open that file, the live data will be imported, after suitable connection and security delays. The WebQueryOpen runs every time you access that form.
Voila, Live Excel Import from Secure Domino database.