Here's a trick to embed Flash applications in Domino.
This example requires R5:
1. Create and save your Flash application, which should consist of the Flash file (*.swf) and an HTML file.
2. Rename the Flash (*.swf) file to (*.jpg)
3. From the Designer, add a new image resource and select the file you just renamed.
4. Once the image has been added, use the image properties to change the name back.
5. Copy the Flash code HTML to a Domino page or form and highlight it as pass-through HTML.
6. Preview your Flash application!!
The secret is that Image Resources are just data to Domino (or a blob). You can use this technique to add attachment files, or anything else you want to serve up on your Web server.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
NOTE: Rather than having to rename the Flash file, when you select "New Image Resource", you can put the actual name of the Flash file, "FlashFile.swf" in the File Name field.