There are three ways to activate Shared Mail:
*Set the variable Shared_Mail in the NOTES.INI file
*Use the TELL ROUTER server console command
*Use the Public Address Book server configuration form
Note: When Shared Mail is enabled, actual use of the Shared Mail database is
not immediate; momentary background processing takes place.
Enabling Shared Mail using the server configuration form
The server configuration form enables administrators to change the NOTES.INI
settings using the Public Address Book interface. The server periodically reads
the server configuration documents and updates the NOTES.INI variables. To
enable Shared Mail, follow these steps:
1. Choose File - Tools - Server Administration.
2. Select the server from the list of servers to administer.
3. Choose Configure Server from the Server's pop-up menu.
4. Click Add Configuration.
5. Type the server name in the Server Name field.
6. Click Set/Modify Parameters.
7. Click the Item down-arrow, then select SHARED_MAIL from the list and click
8. Type 1 or 2 in the Value text box and click OK
9. Save and close the form.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.