Managing and updating user access lists can be frustrating. Recently, I have had to search my Deny Access lists more often. To assist with this, I created a toolbar button.
To begin, create a new smart icon button on the toolbar you use in your Notes Administrator client and paste the following code into the button.
Note: This code is just a slight modification of the "Find Group Member" action button that's available in the Domino Directory. The only change occurs on the "GroupSearch:=" line. The original code uses "[Canonicalize]", instead of "[Abbreviate]".
To use the button, follow these steps:
- Open your Notes Administrator client.
- Select "Deny Access Groups" from the navigation pane.
- Click on the toolbar button.
- Enter the Notes common name exactly as you would when administering "Find Group Member" (e.g. "John Doe").
- This returns a list of all of groups containing the name that you have specified.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Jerry Burton. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes, Domino, Workplace or WebSphere tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.
This was first published in July 2008