Here are 10 simple steps to configure DB2 on a single standalone Lotus Domino server.
- Create a new Microsoft Windows user account.
- From the DB2 Command Line Processor, check whether your DB2 installation has a SYSCTRL_GROUP configured by entering the command:
'GET DBM CFG'
- If there is a SYSCTRL_GROUP configured, add the newly created Windows user account to that group. If it is not configured, create a new operating system group named 'DB2DOM' and configure this group as the SYSCTRL_GROUP. From the DB2 Command Line Processor, enter the command:
'UPDATE DBM CFG USING SYSCTRL_GROUP DB2DOM'
- From the DB2 Command Line Processor, update the DB2 configuration by stopping and restarting DB2. Enter the command:
Then, enter the command:
- Set up your Lotus Domino server for transactional logging.
- Manually copy the ndb2key.dll to C:program fileslotusDomino.
- Open Domino Administrator -> Goto DB2 -> Edit server, and enter the following information:
Port Number: 50000 Instance: DB2 Database: Domino Directory: c:db2dbsrvr DB Default Creation: DB2, to specify in which format the Lotus Domino database will be created. The default is .nsf.
- Start the Lotus Domino server and make sure the Lotus Domino server for DB2 is enabled on the right side of the Domino Administrator UI.
- Select "Enable Server DB2" and fill in the information required:
DB2 Instance DB2 data store DB2 username password
- Restart your Lotus Domino server.
To test your installation, create a new Lotus Domino database and check its properties. If it worked, it will show as a DB2-enabled database.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Ashutosh Chandra. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes, Domino, Workplace or WebSphere tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.