These are basic steps on importing the contact name and e-mail (only) into your PAB (R5) from your default Eudora address book "nndbase.txt" using a .COL file.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- Create a NNDBASE.COL file with the following and save to your desktop:
- Open Excel
- File - Open nndbase.txt
- Sort file by Column A
- Delete all rows containing "notes" in Column A (you're left with "alias")
- Delete Column A
- Delete all the other columns except for 2 which contain the contact name, and email. (So you're left with 2 columns A, B)
- Right-Click on column B and select INSERT (twice).
- You now have Columns A,B,C,D with B & C blank.
- In column B type this formula " =LEFT(A1,SEARCH(" ",A1,1))"
- In column C type this formula "=RIGHT(TRIM(A1),LEN(TRIM(A1))-SEARCH(" ",A1,1))"
Please Note: Lines 10 & 11 will work correctly only if your Column A has this formatting "FIRSTNAME LASTNAME". Other variations in Column A may fail.
- Drag the bottom right edge of cell B1 all the way down so formula runs on all rows.
- Do same for cell C1. You will end up with Column B containing the first name of the contact and Column C which has the last name of contact.
- Save file as .WKS on your desktop
- Open PAB
- Select Lotus 123 as the filetype, find .WKS file and click IMPORT
- Select the following values for the import wizard-
Use Form : Contact
Column Format: Format File Defined
COL File Name: NNDBASE.COL
Check the box "Calculate fields on form during import"
Once the contacts have been successfully imported, you will need to edit each person document in your PAB then Save and Close it in order for it to be 'recognizable' when trying to email someone and have it popup in your To: field.
Good luck! Tina