This tip allow you to insert various files in a document and refresh it for each upload in a Web aplication.
All the files will be inserted in a Rich Text Field which is named "RTFiles".
The name of the database is "NameBase.nsf"
You need Two Forms and a view :
- the first form is the default form use by the document (Name = DefaultForm).
- the second form is use for insert the files (Name = InsertForm).
- A view named "(ID)" sort this the field IDDDOC of DefaultForm.
The DefaultForm is compose by yours fields, a Rich text field which name is "RTFiles" and a Computed Field wich name is "IDDOC" with the @DocumentUniqueID of the document.
" var wintab; var id = document.forms.IDDOC.value; wintab = window.open('/NameBase.nsf/InsertForm?openform&IDDOC=' +id,'','top=150,left=3 50,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,width=420,height=180'); wintab.focus();"
This action open a new window with the form InsertForm and in the Query_String you have the Id of the document which will receive the files attachments.
In the InsertForm You must create a File Upload, A Field Query_String, A computed Field with the name "IDDOC" and the code :
@Right(Query_String;"&IDDOC="), a field SaveOptions with the value "0" and a Computed Field "NamesFiles" with the value @AttachmentsNames.
In the WebQuerySave event of the InsertForm you will put
And the code for the A-Insert agent is :
This agent will insert the file upload in the RTFiles RixhTextField and Refresh the document.
- This tip only works on Windows or Linux platforms. The reason for this is that the 'WebQuerySave'-agent called 'A-insert' uses the method 'EmbedObject' of the NotesRichTextItem. This method is not supported on MacIntosh, OS/2 and UNIX operating systems.Ronald van Puijenbroek
- This tip works great !!! but..
if 2 users tries to attach a file with same name concurrently, it might produce error message because the file is being extracted to the server's hard drive before re-attaching it to the current document. I understand that this situation would be uncommon, but the website that caters a large number of users might face this problem.Ravi
This was first published in August 2001