This action button features sub-actions that lets Lotus Notes users manage their mail files, investigate file sizes,...
get quota details, delete attachments and empty trash bins using a single button.
Apply this action button to any view or folder in Lotus Notes mail files. "Inbox," "All Documents," "Sent," and a custom view for "all with Attachments" work well.
Although some of these actions are redundant and can be accessed elsewhere, users benefit from having them bundled.
- Create an action button with sub actions. You'll want to a use title similar to "Mail Management Tools."
- Create an action under "Mail Management Tools" and call it "Get Mail File Size." Add the following LotusScript to the On Click event:
Sub Click(Source As Button) Dim MFSsession As New NotesSession Dim MFSdb As NotesDatabase Set MFSdb = MFSsession.CurrentDatabase FileSize=MFSdb.Size/1024/1024 Messagebox "Your Mail file size is currently " & Cstr(FileSize)& " MB",64,"Mail File Size" End Sub
Create an action under "Mail Management Tools" and call it "Get Quota Details." Add the following LotusScript to "Initialize."
Note: This will only work if you use quotas on your mail files.
Create an action under "Mail Management Tools" and call it "Delete Selected Attachment(s)." Next, add the following LotusScript to "Initialize."
- Create a View to display email messages with attachments and use the @Attachments function in the view selection criteria.
- Create an action under "Mail Management Tools" and call it "View all with Attachments." Add this Formula language code to the action:
- Create an action under "Mail Management Tools" and call it "Empty Trash." Add the following Formula language code to the action:
@PostedCommand([OpenView];"($SoftDeletions)"); @Command([ToolsRunMacro];"(Empty Trash)")
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Jessica Fyke. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes, Domino, Workplace or WebSphere tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.