In Dec.,2000 I published a topic on using Domino to create a Web presence:
In this topic I included instuctions on using an image resource to create a rollover button.
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
The image can then be programmed as any other image, using hotspots, or commands.
Even though this topic is published on the IBM iSeries Technical Studio, the instructions are for Domino Designer and can be used on any platform.
Creating an image rollover is as easy. You'll simply create a graphic, set the properties, and place the graphic on your page.
To create an image rollover:
1. Using a graphics program design a graphic that has at least two equally-sized parts to it.
Separate each graphic with a blank line one pixel wide, side by side. You've now created an image rollover using a horizontal image set. Each segment of the image represents a different part of the rollover.
2. Add this to your image resources.
3. Open this images properties box.
4. On the Basic tab , fill in the Image fields with the number of images across and down.
Also check "Web browser compatible".
5. Place your cursor on the page where you want your new rollover image.
6. From the Create menu, select Image Resource. An Insert Image Resource dialog box appears.
7. Select you rollover graphic and click OK.
The graphic is added to your page and you are free to add normal actions or links to the image.
Domino Designer's Help on Rollovers is very useful, under "Using a horizontal image set."
I found a horizontal image set to be the easiest to work with.
The entire Technical Studio topic is designed for new users and applies the least programming possible.