- Create an image or text that you would open the Mail, Calendar, and To do framesets on.
- Create either a link hotspot or a default hotspot (for images).
- In the hotspot properties-> Hotspot Info tab -> Content section, click on the @ button. A window will appear.
- Set the value of Formula for kind of named element to Frameset.
- Next, set the value of Formula for database to <Server name>!!<Application path>.
- Set the value of Formula for name of named element to <Frameset name>.
The link you created will now open the frameset of the database.
Note: To make this more generic, in step five you could also write a formula to get the <Server name> or get it from a field on the document. The same can be done for <Application path>
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Naveen Maurya. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes/Domino technical tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.
This was first published in June 2010