form. I then placed a nested basic table inside each tab of the tabbed table.
Several fields are contained within the cells of the basic tables. The problem
occurs whenever a keyword field inside a basic table cell is set to "refresh
fields on keyword change".
Whenever the keyword is changed and a refresh occurs the cursor is
automatically returned to the first field of the first tab that is inside the
This problem only seems to occur on programmable tables and/or if the keyword
field is inside a basic table. If the keyword field is outside the basic table
but still on a tab, it works fine.
To recreate this problem:
1. Create a programmable table (2 x 1)
2. Create a basic table on each tab (2 x2)
3. place text fields and one keyword field inside the basic table's cells
4. Set the "Refresh fields on keywords change" property of the keyword field.
5. Create the form and place the cursor in a text field, then click on the
keyword field to cause the refresh.
6. The cursor, for some reason, moves to the first field on the first tab of
the programmable table.
This was first published in November 2000