Some steps will vary according to your organization's default installation. Here are the basic steps:
- Move Notes.ini to your data directory.
- Create a data directory for each additional client that you want to implement.
- Copy Notes.ini, Names.nsf and Desktop.dsk to each data directory.
- Modify Notes.ini in each directory so that it points to the data directory where it's located.
- Copy your Lotus Notes desktop icon.
- Change the executable from Notes.exe to nlnotes.exe.
- Point your startup directory to the data directory.
- Remove the Notes.ini specification from the end of the target line (nlnotes.exe).
- Start each additional client separately and switch to the desired ID.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Mike Wagner. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes/Domino technical tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.
This was first published in August 2009