Looking for something else?
- With the Linux CentOS-4 disk in -- whether it is a physical or virtual machine -- boot the machine.
- The Linux CentOS installer will let you check the accuracy of the disk. If the disk fails, you should download the ISO image again because it is probably corrupted.
- Select your language and keyboard layout.
- You'll now see four options for which package pattern to install -- choose "Personal Desktop" and "Automatic Partitioning."
- On the next screen, choose "Remove all partitions on this system," just to be safe.
- The next screen is about GRUB, which is the boot loader. No options need to be changed here, so just proceed to the next screen.
- This is the networking setup, where you can manually set the hostname.
- The next screen deals with security. Configure your firewall and SELinux options here.
- Select language again and set your time zone next.
- The last thing to do before package installation begins is to set the root password.
- The summary screen will now appear. Choose "Install default software packages."
- After yet another summary screen, installation will begin. After the packages are installed, CentOS will reboot.
- After the reboot, review and accept the Linux CentOS-4 license agreement and then set your current time on the following screen.
- Now set the screen resolution. If you are running as a virtual machine, I recommend leaving the resolution at 800 x 600 so it can fit without scrollbars in the VMware window.
- Finally, you need to create a user.
- Just click "Next" a few more times and you're done.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL LOTUS NOTES ON LINUX CENTOS-4
Step 1: Install Linux CentOS-4
Step 2: Install Lotus Notes on Linux CentOS-4
Step 3: Troubleshoot any installation issues
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Charles Connell IV
Charles Connell IV is a high school student in Bedford, Mass. He can be reached at email@example.com.