Log in as root, and then execute the following commands:
- vi /etc/fstab (If you need to, read this information about using the vi editor.)
- Add the line "/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom auto auto,user 0 0" to the fstab file.
- Exit from the vi editor, saving the file.
- mkdir /media/cdrom
- mkdir /dominoinstall
- Log in as root.
- cd /dominoinstall
- cp -v -r /media/cdrom .
- cd /dominoinstall/cdrom/linux
- Tab through the questions accepting the defaults, unless you have a good reason to change them.
Installation of the Lotus Domino Server software is now finished.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL DOMINO SERVER ON LINUX
Step 1: Creating the virtual machine
Step 2: Installing Linux
Step 3: Installing Lotus Domino Server
Step 4: Starting Lotus Domino Server for the first time
Step 5: Running Lotus Domino Server on Linux
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Charles Connell IV
Charles Connell IV is a high school student in Bedford, Mass. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.