Log in as root, and then execute the following commands:
- vi /etc/fstab (If you need to, read this information about using the vi editor.)
- Add the line "/dev/cdrom /media/cdrom auto auto,user 0 0" to the fstab file.
- Exit from the vi editor, saving the file.
- mkdir /media/cdrom
- mkdir /dominoinstall
- Log in as root.
- cd /dominoinstall
- cp -v -r /media/cdrom .
- cd /dominoinstall/cdrom/linux
- Tab through the questions accepting the defaults, unless you have a good reason to change them.
Installation of the Lotus Domino Server software is now finished.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL DOMINO SERVER ON LINUX
Step 1: Creating the virtual machine
Step 2: Installing Linux
Step 3: Installing Lotus Domino Server
Step 4: Starting Lotus Domino Server for the first time
Step 5: Running Lotus Domino Server on Linux
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Charles Connell IV
Charles Connell IV is a high school student in Bedford, Mass. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.