- Type exit to log out as root.
- Log back in as notes.
- Type startx to start the X Window System and the GNOME desktop.
- Open a GNOME Terminal session by clicking on the Computer icon in the lower-left and choosing the GNOME terminal.
- Within the terminal session, type cd /local/notesdata, then /opt/ibm/lotus/bin/server.
- Configure the Domino server as you normally would on any operating system.
- When configuration is finished, type exit to leave the terminal session.
- Click on Computer / Logout to leave the GNOME session.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL DOMINO SERVER ON LINUX
Step 1: Creating the virtual machine
Step 2: Installing Linux
Step 3: Installing Lotus Domino Server
Step 4: Starting Lotus Domino Server for the first time
Step 5: Running Lotus Domino Server on Linux
By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Charles Connell IV
Charles Connell IV is a high school student in Bedford, Mass. He can be reached at email@example.com.