- Type exit to log out as root.
- Log back in as notes.
- Type startx to start the X Window System and the GNOME desktop.
- Open a GNOME Terminal session by clicking on the Computer icon in the lower-left and choosing the GNOME terminal.
- Within the terminal session, type cd /local/notesdata, then /opt/ibm/lotus/bin/server.
- Configure the Domino server as you normally would on any operating system.
- When configuration is finished, type exit to leave the terminal session.
- Click on Computer / Logout to leave the GNOME session.
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE: HOW TO INSTALL DOMINO SERVER ON LINUX
Step 1: Creating the virtual machine
Step 2: Installing Linux
Step 3: Installing Lotus Domino Server
Step 4: Starting Lotus Domino Server for the first time
Step 5: Running Lotus Domino Server on Linux
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
|ABOUT THE AUTHOR:|
| Charles Connell IV
Charles Connell IV is a high school student in Bedford, Mass. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.