This SearchDomino.com guide introduces you to WebSphere Portal, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid,...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and helpful URLs to quickly pump up your WebSphere Portal know-how. Let us know what other learning guides you'd like to see on SearchDomino.com. Peter Bochner, Associate Editor
Bitpipe.com: "IBM WebSphere Portal is a middleware platform that provides a single point of interaction with dynamic information, applications, processes and people to help build business-to-employee (B2E), business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) portals. WebSphere Portal also supports a wide variety of pervasive devices enabling users to interact with their portal anytime, anywhere - using any device, wired or wireless."
FAQs and Conferences
Tips and Expert Advice
- Tip: A tour of WebSphere Portal (Tony Higham and Sue Hildreth)
- Advice: Integrating Blue Group with Notes/Domino (Tony Higham)
- Advice: What is WebSphere (Tony Higham)
- Advice: Testing Domino apps before a conversion to Java 2 (Jens Bruntt)
- Advice: Migration to J2EE from Domino (Alex Homsi)
- Advice: Implementing the Notes workflow functionality into J2EE (Alex Homsi)
For more WebSphere advice from SearchDomino.com experts, click here.
Articles and Commentary
- Article: WebSphere and Domino's evolution (SearchDomino.com)
- Article: Getting started with the WebSphere Portal Toolkit (SearchDomino.com)
- Article: Understanding WebSphere Portlets (SearchDomino.com)
- Article: Building Domino portlets for WebSphere (SearchDomino.com)
- Article: Best practices for WebSphere development (SearchDomino.com)
- Commentary: Think integration, not migration (SearchDomino.com)
- Commentary: WebSphere makes Web services practical (SearchDomino.com)
- Commentary: IBM Portlet API vs. JSR 168 (SearchDomino.com)
For more news and commentary related to WebSphere, click here.
- White Paper: A secure portal using WebSphere Portal V5 and Tivoli Access Manager V5 (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: Lotus Collaboration and WebSphere integration on iSeries (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: WebSphere Portal for multi-platforms (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: Integrate Domino into WebSphere Portal (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: Install WebSphere Portal in a cluster (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: WebSphere Portal 4.12 Collaborations (SearchDomino.com)
- White Paper: WebSphere Portal V4.1.2 in Linux (SearchDomino.com)
For Intermediate Developers
- Article: Introducing Common PIM portlets (IBM.com)
- Article: Availability maintenance for WebSphere Portal 5.1.x (IBM.com)
- Tutorial: Manage beans and error validation in WebSphere Portal (IBM.com)
- Tutorial: Develop great Web sites using WebSphere Portal V5. (IBM.com)
- Course: WebSphere Portal V5.1 install and deployment class (IBM.com)