I have an application for TimeLog for all the users on R5.0.6 on WinNT. I have the view, which by columns are Person--Year--Month--Date--Project--Time. Here, the Time column displays sub-totals and total for every individual person and for the respective Project. I want to fetch the subtotal on a computed field for that person for that date, and if it exceeds 24hrs, then he should not be allowed to create a TimeLog. How is it possible?
It appears that you want to sum a numeric field from multiple documents related to a single person for a single day.
You could do the following:
- use selected document to get a key (like name, or use session.UserName)
- get date you're interested in (from doc or Today() function)
- perform a NotesView.FTSearch providing a query based on the above fields
- Iterate through the result set, summing the numeric field
- Evaluate the result of above function.
- If result > 24 then provide message and exit.
Dig Deeper on Domino Resources - Part 3
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.