The other thing to do is to use a flag field and view. Create a view that selects all documents where SpecialUpdateFlag="". Have the view set to refresh the index manually. Then as part of your processing agent do the following:
- Get handle to the new view and refresh the index.
- Set autorefresh = false.
- Get the first document in the view.
- Create a counter in the script and increment it for each document you process.
- If your document count is less than 2,000 or your document is not nothing, process the document and add the field SpecialUpdateFlag with the current date as a value.
- Make the next document your current document.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert question and response? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes Domino Agents
Related Q&A from Brian Mahoney
Find out what types of calculations can be computed for a column in a Lotus Notes view and the best way to go about it with this expert response. Continue Reading
Find out why you can't use Formula language to include a doclink to a specific Lotus Notes view or database and need to use LotusScript instead. Continue Reading
Discover the reasons behind a Notes/Domino admistrator having trouble with disabled options in the "customize this view" section of his Lotus Notes ... Continue Reading