The other thing to do is to use a flag field and view. Create a view that selects all documents where SpecialUpdateFlag="". Have the view set to refresh the index manually. Then as part of your processing agent do the following:
- Get handle to the new view and refresh the index.
- Set autorefresh = false.
- Get the first document in the view.
- Create a counter in the script and increment it for each document you process.
- If your document count is less than 2,000 or your document is not nothing, process the document and add the field SpecialUpdateFlag with the current date as a value.
- Make the next document your current document.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert question and response? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes Domino Agents
Related Q&A from Brian Mahoney
Find out what types of calculations can be computed for a column in a Lotus Notes view and the best way to go about it with this expert response. Continue Reading
Find out why you can't use Formula language to include a doclink to a specific Lotus Notes view or database and need to use LotusScript instead. Continue Reading
SearchDomino.com's expert Brian Mahoney explains how to work around the default replication and form parameters of profile documents, so that the ... Continue Reading