We have set up a Domino Sametime Server 3.0a, running on OS/400. Instant messaging works fine. However, when we try to set up a meeting, we consistently get the following error:
Temporarily unable to verify logon. Please try again later.Do you know what could be causing this? And how to fix it?
Well, there can be a lot of reasons, of which most of them can be found in the Sametime admin. But here is a list to get started for you.
- Check that the Person documents of the Sametime users contain the Sametime server name.
- Check the ACL of all Sametime core databases and ensure the ACL contains appropriate access for all users (see admin guide) and for Sametime Development/Lotus Notes Companion Products. The latter always is set to unspecified and full manager access.
- Check server access for your users. They need to be able to access the server, but not necessarily the NAB.
- If you are using Multi-Server Session authentication, check that you are using the Fully Qualified Internet Host Name everywhere, also for connecting to the meeting.
- Using SSO, check the configuration of your Web SSO Document, ensure that the document is saved properly and replicated to all servers (see Domino admin and Sametime admin guide).
- Check the NAB for any save conflicts on Person documents. This can sometimes cause an issue as well.
- After any of these changes, re-boot the server to ensure the changes are incorporated.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Sametime Instant Messaging
Related Q&A from Hans Van Der Burg
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.