- If the field (Notes field is text, Oracle field is varchar2 , there is usually just a paragraph or two of text, but occasionally can be a lot more) is in the field mappings of the activity, that activity, when run on all documents in the database, will crash the Domino server.
- If this field is removed from the field mappings for the activity, the activity runs fine.
- If the field is left in the activity and we set the Oracle connection document to commit after every transaction rather than at disconnect, the activity runs fine. However, this is not the preferred setting, as it makes recovery from activity failure more complicated.
- If the field is left in the activity and we run it on 100 documents at a time the activity will run fine. We can run it over all the documents in the database (859), which suggests the problem is not due to a corrupt document. However, if we try it on 500 documents, Domino crashes.
Let's keep this Q&A rolling:
- Was this LEI 6 server upgraded from LEI 3.x?
- How many rows are in the Oracle table?
- Do you have a Condition Clause on the Oracle side of the Activity?
select @all; FIELD NotesField := @Left(NotesField; 1000);See if this prevents the Domino server crash. Most importantly, I suggest you open an incident report with IBM Software Support.