When one of my users logs onto Lotus Sametime instant messenger, it shows her as online to herself -- but she sees no one else online and no one can see her. She is not set up to block any other users. We tried rebooting the Lotus Sametime server with no luck. Do you have any suggestions?
- Open the "VPUserinfo.nsf" database located on your Lotus Sametime server and locate the record for your user.
Check to see that there is only one instance of this user in the Sametime VPUserInfo database.
I have seen instances where even though the records should be stored in canonical format, a user has had multiple Lotus Sametime records that confuse who is actually logging in, and what their individual settings are.
- Delete the record(s) for this user. I should warn you though that, there is a side effect -- the user will lose the buddy list they have created.
- Log the user into your Lotus Sametime server through the Sametime Connect client or Browser Connect client. The user should have a new (blank) buddy list.
- Check the user's Lotus Sametime configuration by choosing the "Options" menu, and then "Who can see if I am online."
- Make sure the setting is "Everybody can see if I am online." Add a new person or group to the Sametime buddy list, and then check to make sure the user can chat normally.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Related information from SearchDomino.com:
Dig Deeper on Lotus Sametime Instant Messaging
Related Q&A from Mathew Newman
SearchDomino.com Sametime administration expert Mathew Newman explains-step-by-step how to enable communication between multiple Lotus Sametime ... Continue Reading
I have a questions about Notes client connection documents. In the Advanced tab under Destination server address, what are the pros and cons of using... Continue Reading
I have a brand new Domino server, installed about two weeks ago, running Domino 6.5.4 FP2. I have over 500GB free space and 2GB of RAM, tons more ... Continue Reading