I have couple of questions regarding R5 migrations.
1. What features are available only in R5 installation and not in R5 upgrade?
2. What is "Auto Router Shutdown and Restart?" Is it available in R5? How can you enable it?
3. Where can I get fine tuning documentation for major difference's between R4.6 and R5 address book changes?
1. I do not know what is meant by an upgrade. Incremental or 4.x to R5? The same files are put down on the machine regardless of what is already installed.
2.The auto router shutdown and restart is a command you can issue at the console. It stops and restarts the router. You just issue a "tell router restart" command.
3. I do not know of any references. However, many references that help you upgrade to R5 go over the directory changes such as configuration document and new fields in the server docs. Also, the pop-up help on the fields is actually extremely informative.
Dig Deeper on Domino Resources
Related Q&A from Michael Lazar
Learn how to easily keep track of the numbers of incoming and outgoing Lotus Notes email messages to and from your Domino server each day. Continue Reading
Discover what steps you can take if your Lotus Domino server runs out of disk space and you have issues sending and receiving Lotus Notes email ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.