I am not finding any simple charts, but the list is massive and compelling. Throw in the fact that Lotus Domino R5 is no longer supported, and I can't see why you wouldn't upgrade. I'll start a partial list from memory, but I am sure some readers will have more. Also, remember Domino 7 is now out with even more scalability and stability than R6.5.
- Lotus Domino R6.5x is far more scalable and stable than Lotus Domino 5.
- Lotus Domino R6.5x is also much more granular in Domino server security.
- SMTP security is greatly enhanced. You can now set policies for Lotus Notes clients to keep them standard and push changes to them.
- The mail template and functionality is vastly improved. There is the ability to do network compression and replication streaming, improving replication times greatly.
- Lotus Domino R6.5x has the built in Sametime presence awareness.
- You can now begin journaling all messages in Lotus Domino R6.5x.
- Transactional logging is much more efficient than it was in Lotus Domino R5.
Like I said, the list is long and compelling. These are just a few of the major highlights I could think of.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes Domino Administration
Related Q&A from Michael Lazar
Learn how to easily keep track of the numbers of incoming and outgoing Lotus Notes email messages to and from your Domino server each day. Continue Reading
Discover what steps you can take if your Lotus Domino server runs out of disk space and you have issues sending and receiving Lotus Notes email ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.