I am trying to track down the root cause of HTML not displaying correctly in inbound memos. We are running Domino 6.5 with 6.5 clients. Some of my users also receive a username/password prompt when receiving external e-mail. Is there a way to disable that as well? Thanks.
The improper display of HTML mail is caused by the conversion of a MIME message to Notes Rich Text and is due to one of five things.
- The mail file and mail.box must both be at least R5 ODS.
- In the person document for the user the format preference for incoming mail must be anything other than "Prefers Notes Rich Text."
- If there is still an SMTP MTA (R4) in place, the message will be converted.
- Older anti-virus software will convert the messages.
- A LotusScript pre-delivery agent that modifies the body of a mail message without using session.convertmime = false prior to modifying the body field.
Do you have comments on this Ask the Expert Q&A? Let us know.
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes Domino Mailbox Management
Related Q&A from Debbie Lynd
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.