2. We have branch in Chennai using lotus notes and we are able to send mails over the WAN. But if somebody sends a mail to chennai internet address it takes the internet path. So is it possible to convert the internet address to Cheenai Lotus Notes Address and resolved so that the mails takes the WAN path.
3. A user wants to isolate is mails has per the Organisation Branch Domain Name i.e @DOMAIN (Lotus Domain)
4. When we send a mail from here to Chennail the sender info doesn't appears with @DOMAIN (i.e @Lotus Domain)
1. I wouldn't modify the base views of the address book, so getting it to sort by first name, last name in the Address picker dialog is not recommended. You can make a view in the NAB to see your addresses in this manner, if you wish.
2. This sound more like a user training issue. Trying to write code to see if a mail is going to domain xyz.com and then converting that to a Notes address will add unneeded overhead to your router, and putting agents in the mail.box is not recommended. I would just work on training people to use the Notes address, not the internet address.
3. I am not sure what they want, but if it is just to have mail from @DomainXYZ show in a view, then just build a view in the mail file to display that information.
4. I need more information to answer this question.
Dig Deeper on Domino Resources - Part 5
Related Q&A from Michael Lazar
Learn how to easily keep track of the numbers of incoming and outgoing Lotus Notes email messages to and from your Domino server each day. Continue Reading
Discover what steps you can take if your Lotus Domino server runs out of disk space and you have issues sending and receiving Lotus Notes email ... Continue Reading
Have a question for an expert?
Please add a title for your question
Get answers from a TechTarget expert on whatever's puzzling you.