There are two ways to repair this:
- Upgrade the folders in the users mail file using the "Upgrade folder design" Action, and/or
- Replace the users mail database design on the server.
- Open the users mail database.
- Select any folder that the user has created (this is where you will most likely see the error again).
- From the [Actions] menu, choose [Upgrade Folder Design].
- When the prompt appears, choose the "Manual Upgrade" button.
- From the "Upgrade folders" dialog box, choose the [Select All] button.
- Ensure that the "Inbox" is selected under the "Please choose a design..."
- Click OK.
- When asked to upgrade any more folders, choose [NO].
To replace the design of the user's mail database on the server, type the following at the server's command prompt.
load convert -r mail\youruser.nsf * mail6.ntfWhich will run the conversion utility on the mail database:
- with the filename, and in the path "mail\youruser.nsf"
- replacing all of the design elements in the database "*"
- with the standard Notes 6 mail template "mail6.ntf."
Dig Deeper on Lotus Notes 6
Related Q&A from Mathew Newman
SearchDomino.com Sametime administration expert Mathew Newman explains-step-by-step how to enable communication between multiple Lotus Sametime ... Continue Reading
If Lotus Sametime users on different "home" servers cannot see each other online, you may need to change your Sametime server awareness by creating ... Continue Reading
A Lotus Sametime user is online, but no one can see her. SearchDomino.com's Sametime administration expert Mathew Newman expert explains how to ... Continue Reading