As we know, JSP is not supported in R5. But here is a way to use JSP in Domino, but in a slightly different way.
- Install any Web application server (Not Domino), say Java Web server. Set up the classpath and all those configurations.
- Java Web server supports JSP, so you can write a sample JSP page(it can be even a small html file with .jsp extension), put it under the public_html folder. (This folder is specific to Java Web server.)
- Access your new JSP from the browser. ie., http://<server>:<port>/path of jsp file.jsp
- Now the JSP engine converts the JSP file into a servlet. (You can see the servlet - of your JSP page - in the servlet folder under the tmp folder.)
- Voila!!! A JSP(Servlet) is ready for you to use in your Domino environment.
Using this method, you can write simple JSP.