This member-submitted tip is an alternate way to open an admin client without installing the Notes Administrator Client. See also Using the Admin Client on the Domino Server without installing it.
If you only have Notes Client on your workstation and not the Notes Admin Client, perform the following task to start the Notes Administrator from within your Notes Client.
- Create a database domadmin.nsf using the domadmin.ntf template on your local Notes Client.
- Now choose "File | Preferences | smart Icon Settings."
- Scroll to the bottom of the list on the left side and pick a "Macro Button" that represents the remote console for you.
- Drag it to the right side where you want it to show amongst the other smart icons.
- Once on the right hand side (and with the new icon still highlighted), choose "Edit Icon" in the description type "Admin Client" and then choose the Formula button.
- Click the "Add Command" button and add "@Command( [Administration] )" to the window.
- Select "OK," "Done" and then "OK" to save the new icon set.
Note that the default set is "Universal" and this will be overwritten with any Lotus Notes upgrades. To avoid overwriting, save to a new icon set name. This works in 4.x and 5.x clients, although it only brings up the 4.x client interface in 5.x.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.