When locked out of a database, you can add another ACL entry to the database by following the steps below.
1) Add to your personal NAB the entry you wish to add to the Domino Directory's ACL.
2) Take down the server task (or issue the "dbcache flush" command, ensure no one else is using the database, and work very fast).
3) Map a local drive from your workstation to the location of the database on the server box.
4) Using this local drive mapping, open the database from your Notes client.
5) Click File | Database | Access Control...
6) Click the Add button.
7) Click the icon to bring up the "Names" dialog box, then select your personal address book.
8) Select the desired entry, then click Add.
9) Select the proper access level, user type, privileges and roles.
10) Click OK.
11) Review the ACL for accuracy before bringing the server back online.