The agent constants are:
maxWait% -- An integer constant that must be set to the number of minutes to wait before a pop-up appears for the user to log in again. The value should be less than the SSO expiration time.
msgText$ -- A string constant that defines the text information that will appear in the body of the pop-under window.
titleText$ -- The string constant used to define the title of the browser's pop-under window.
fileName$ -- The string constant that defines the NSF file which contains the agent. (Include relative path information in the NSF name. For example, utilsMyNsfFile.nsf.)
popupText$ -- The string constant that defines the text which will appear in the alert message when the SSO expiration time -- maxWait% time elapses.
There is also a string variable called urlRedirect$. It contains the value "SSOTimer" as the name of the agent. Replace "SSOTimer" to the same name you gave to your agent that contains the code.
The agent should have the following settings:
When should this agent run? = Manually from agent list
Which document(s) should it act on? = Run once (@Commands may be used)
The agent will detect if it was called from a parent window. If so, focus will be returned to the parent window after the user responds to the alert message and logs onto the server again.
In summary, the process works as follows:
1. User logs into Web application and triggers the agent to run in a pop-under window.
2. The pop-under window waits for the specified period of time and then alerts the user with a user defined message.
3. User logs in with user name and password again (refreshingSSO expiration time).
4. Focus is returned to the parent window.
Three changes have been made to the updated version of this tip:
1. If a pop-under window remains after the parent is closed (an orphan), it will be closed before the new parent window creates the new pop-under window. This will ensure the child has a handle on the current parent.
2. The pop-under window will not attempt to show an alert box after the designated wait time if the parent is gone.
3. The login screen will resize to full-screen when it becomes visible and comes into focus.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip exchange by member Dennis Potts. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale at the end of the tip. Do you have a useful Notes/Domino tip or code to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize and a spot in our Hall of Fame.