Once upon a time you face a Notes DB with its design hidden and, for some reason, you need to modify it. I've search for methods to break into these hidden designs but none worked for me. Then I had this idea, why not try to combine these methods?
It worked!! I must say it's not an original idea, but a lucky conjunction of two already published (here in SearchDomino) methods:
- Make a local copy of the database as *.NTF (template);
- Take a look at the ACL to ensure you have the proper rights (Manager or Designer);
- Open the file in a hexadecimal editor;
- Go to the hexadecimal address 000000BC and change the value from 20 to 00.
- Save the file;
You probably don't have access to its design yet. Now the second part:
- Create a new DB with a BLANK template;
- Replace the new DB design with the modified template;
- Now you'll be able to access its design.