Using these steps and LotusScript code, you can open and use Flash files in your Lotus Notes client window.
Note: For this tip to work, you must have a Flash player installed on your Domino server.
- Make sure that HTTP services are activated on your Domino server.
- Create a form and call it Flash test.
- Place your cursor where you'd like to open the Flash file.
- From the File menu, select create-> object.
In the new window that opened, a create a table and select Control-> Object type -> Macromedia Flash Paper. This will add a flash control to the form.
Be sure to fix the attribute according to your Flash movie's width, height, etc.
- In the design attribute of Files, add a flash file resource that you'd like to open, such as the file name flashfile.swf.
- Add the following LotusScript code to the form's Postopen event:
(Click on code for enlarged view and script download.)
- Save the form and open it in your Lotus Notes client to run the Flash movie.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip library by member Tej Dixit. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Lotus Notes/Domino technical tip or code snippet to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize.