Eliminate unused views to free up space on your servers, and do it without a stitch of programming.
We have all seen tips where you add a form, view, and a little script to a database to record what views people access. But did you know that Domino already provides a way to see what views are unused? And did you know that it is through a tool you already use? Here's how:
1. Open the Notes Log on your server.
2. Open the view Database > Usage
3. Locate your database (by filename).
4. Open the most recent date.
5. Open the document type "Activity".
6. In the list of View Sizes, any view listed as 0 Kbytes has not been used during this logging period.
If you think this logging period is representative of most logging periods, you can go ahead and delete the view. If not, you can track it over a couple of logging periods until you're sure.