As part of our admin work, we sometimes have to release held or dead messages from a mail.box.
For normal emails the options under the "Release" button (in R5) work fine. But as we discovered, they play havoc when the "held/dead" document is one that contains a stored form.
True story : the agents called by the "release" options add a field called "Form" with the value "Memo" or another value that was contained in the field "MailSavedForm" to your documents with stored forms.
This caused our users to receive documents in their inbox that would only open with the "Memo" form ! So it made approving them (because they were part of an approval process) impossible.
The solution was to either re-send them the document from the database which contained them OR to access the users mail database, create a small formula agent that does FIELD Form := @DeleteField; and run it against the documents that don't open correctly.
That's how we solved our problem.
I then created a set of agents in the mail.box that does the same work as the "normal" ones that are provided in the mail.box but I removed the line FIELD Form := ... from those agents.
Now when me or other admins from my company need to release held/dead mail, we make sure that what we're releasing does not contain stored forms and if they do, we use the special agents I coded.