The following seven steps take you through the process of opening a Notes database from a Notes client in Microsoft Word.
- Open the Lotus Notes database to which you are creating the link.
- From inside that database, select edit-> copy as link-> database link.
- Paste the link onto the Windows workspace using the standard paste command, "control-v."
- Copy the link from the Windows workspace to the clipboard.
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Paste the link into the document.
- To open the link to the Lotus Notes database (Notes client), double click on the icon and answer yes to the warning message about embedded objects.
Lotus Notes will open to the database link destination. If Lotus Notes is closed, a password prompt will enable the database to open.
Disclaimer: If the user has not yet opened the destination database from the Lotus Notes client, it is possible that the link may not open. Please provide the database location so that the user can open the database from Notes, enabling the link from Word to execute properly.
Do you have comments on this tip? Let us know.
This tip was submitted to the SearchDomino.com tip exchange by member Louis Lieberman. Please let others know how useful it is via the rating scale below. Do you have a useful Notes/Domino tip or code to share? Submit it to our monthly tip contest and you could win a prize and a spot in our Hall of Fame.