Ever wonder how to open a Notes database in its own window just like the Notes Help databases? Here's how to do it.
There's an easy way to accomplish this, once you know the secret. The Notes client looks at a specific property of the Notes database to see if it should open it in a new window. That property is set by specifying a particular database catalog category for the database. Here's how to accomplish this:
1. From the R4-style workspace icon, open the Database Properties dialog
2. Click on the Design tab
3. Check the List in Database Catalog box
4. Specify "NotesHelp" as the Category (without the quotes)
5. Remove the database icon from the workspace
6. Now browse for and open the database again - and it will open in its own window just like Notes Help databases. An added feature - there are no Create or Help menus.
To change it back, just remove NotesHelp as the category from the Design tab. And remember to remove the workspace icon and re-add it.