You got a great java program to synchronize data between a lotus notes database and an external data source. Rather than having to run the program manually or using a third-party scheduler, use Domino to run the program.
1. Go to your administrator client and click on the configuration tab. Click on 'Server' to expand and choose 'Programs'.
2. Click on 'Add Program' in the action bar.
3. Enter the program name as 'java' and the program name. (case sensitive)
4. Enter the name of the server where you want to run the program and click on the 'Schedule' tab to set a schedule to the execution of the program.
5. Before the program will run successully, please ensure that your classpath is set correctly.
In this case, place your external program in the 'ExternalProgram' directory.
Voila, you have scheduled the program to run automatically...