Creating new server documents in a domain can be an awful chore, especially if several have to be prepared and customized according to the same standards. Here is a useful way to prepare Server documents, allowing all of the customization to be drawn from existing servers.
1. Prepare an empty Domino Directory on your local drive.
2. Copy the Server document that most resembles your new server, from the live Domino Directory and paste it into the local DD.
3. Create a new server document in the usual way, using the server name you wish to end up with.
4. Rename this server by changing the server name field to start with "tmp"
5. Copy the certificate from this document and paste it into the server document in the Local DD.
6. Rename this local server document to the required new server name, and change any other details as appropriate such as Network Address, Hostname etc.
7. Copy this document to the live Domino Directory.
8. Finally, don't forget to delete the "tmp" server document from the live DD.
There you have it. Using this method you can create many new server documents without having to each time make the same customization, with the risk that something will be forgotten.