Manage Learn to apply best practices and optimize your operations.

Why Has @Dbcolumn Stopped Working?

I created a database that, when creating a new document, used @DBCOLUMN on a
lookup to a view to find the last used Document ticket. This number was then
incremented by one to make the new ticket number. This worked fine for about a
year. Then suddenly, the formula just came back with nothing and all the new
documents had a ticket number of 1. The code for this is shown below.
Eventually, I found out why. The problem is to do with the Maximum amount of
data that @DBCOLUMN can handle. That's 64K!

To get round it, I changed the view selection to only get documents newer than
100 days ago. (this may need to be adjusted for your needs. This will need to
be put in as an 'Easy' selection,
using 'Is In The Last' and specifying 100.

What a pain...

Dig Deeper on Domino Resources - Part 4

Start the conversation

Send me notifications when other members comment.

Please create a username to comment.

-ADS BY GOOGLE

SearchWindowsServer

Search400

  • iSeries tutorials

    Search400.com's tutorials provide in-depth information on the iSeries. Our iSeries tutorials address areas you need to know about...

  • V6R1 upgrade planning checklist

    When upgrading to V6R1, make sure your software will be supported, your programs will function and the correct PTFs have been ...

  • Connecting multiple iSeries systems through DDM

    Working with databases over multiple iSeries systems can be simple when remotely connecting logical partitions with distributed ...

SearchDataCenter

SearchContentManagement

Close